Munster is committed to continual improvement of both its environmental management systems and the prevention of pollution. We are also committed to satisfactorily meeting the standards set by environmental legislation. We continue to work with national and local enforcement bodies and we pride ourselves in continuing to maintain a positive realistic approach to all environmental matters.
- We aim for the best environmental practices across all of our operations and demand the same of our suppliers.
- We manufacture in the UK using wool yarn which we spin at our own facility in Yorkshire.
- Imported products are held to the highest standards, those from the USA are LEED certified and from Europe and elsewhere products will have GUT or BRE certification including yarn fibre.
- We are continually developing, implementing and reviewing our environmental objectives.
- We endeavour to minimise waste and maximise recycling programmes.
- Where practicable, we introduce and implement energy-efficient processes.
- We have an ongoing programme of educating and communicating environmental awareness and responsibility to our employees.
- The Company recognises the importance of the ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- We endeavour to use reusable packaging materials within the Group and we annually monitor our usage.
- None of the processes used to manufacture our products requires any government authorisation.